Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Beatles


There is a tiny little children's museum in our town. The museum is basically housed in the lobby of an old theater. We bought a year pass last year with Christmas money and have enjoyed going ever since. The displays are small, and there are really only two main parts but my kids are small and more rooms would only be more places for them to run away and hide. Veterans Day I went there with the kids, my Swedish friend Katrin, and her three kids. While we were eating lunch on the balcony that looks over the theater I noticed they had pictures of acts that had played the theater before it was shut down. (Later is was saved to become the museum). Out of the corner of my eye I saw four unmistakable mop tops. I couldn't believe it so I had to get closer. Sure enough it was the Beatles. The Beatles played my po-dunk town, in a dinky little theater (think no bigger than a small movie theater). There are pictures of the girls screaming and the boys plugging their ears. It must have been incredible, and yes I am jealous! I can assure you nothing that exciting has happened since.

1 comment:

Kara said...

What the hey? That's so cool! I'll never look at the Orpheum the same way again...