Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Baking Soda

Baking Soda oh how I love you! Last summer my sister taught me that to get off that really gross burned on build up that you get on your stove all you need is a little baking soda and elbow grease. Let me tell your or stove has never looked so good. I remember asking her how she knew how to do that. She said that our grandmother taught her to use baking soda to clean off silver and one day it just clicked for her that it would work to scrub the stove. So this Sunday I'm standing in my bathroom trying to figure out what accessories to wear. I have some silver jewelry that I really love but pretty much every piece I own was tarnished. Ten minutes before you need to leave for church is not the time to be contemplating why you have never owned silver polish. Then like lighting I remembered my sister saying that. I ran downstairs, covered my bracelet in baking soda paste, and rubbed that tarnish right out. Hurray the day was saved. So now I have just one more reason to love baking soda; keeps the smells out of your fridge, good to clean your stove, keeps your garbage disposal smelling good, makes your cookies rise, and now cleans your silver up nice and shiny!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love baking soda, too. We used it for everything, growing up.

Cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen, most specifically. It also works well for getting permanent marker off surfaces like computer monitors and walls...

It's kind of grainy so it can get into the little cracks and work stuff up.