Thursday, January 24, 2008

Next Project...


So I finally got around to sewing the reversible jumper for #2 out of scrap fabric I had left over from making baby blankets. I'll get a picture posted after Sunday. Considering I drew out my own pattern I think it went pretty good. My biggest problem...I used white fabric for one side and what is the point of doing a reversible jumper if one side is just plain and boring. I'm thinking about maybe taking the hem out and sewing a butterfly onto the white side but maybe I'll just leave it alone and move on to this next project I desperately want to try. This dress is made from a man's dress shirt. How cute is that! My only problem...finding a dress shirt suitably cute to begin. Dr J has some cute shirts but those are the ones I like seeing on him so I'm not willing to sacrifice them. I guess I need to go to Good Will but that will take some serious will power on my part. I know that isn't how I was raised but mom I HATE THRIFT STORES! It isn't the cheap used clothes I mind. I go to consignment stores and garage sales all the time but I just hate Thrift Stores. Anyway I realize it is a mental block I need to get over if I ever want to try this project...or mom could you just keep your eyes out for cute men's dress shirts. Here is the tutorial if anyone wants to try it. Let me know how it works for you.

2 comments:

Angi said...

That is awesome! Please let me know how this goes. You probably should just make 2 dresses. ;)

Nancy said...

That looks way easy...although I'm sure it's not. I may just have to try it someday :)