Saturday, January 26, 2008

My First Quilt


I'm so excited I finally get to post this. My baby sister is having a baby in March. Sometime a couple of months ago she called me and asked if I thought $40 was too high a price for a baby blanket that felt like a stuffed animal. I of course said yes and promised I would make her one. So for her baby shower which was today I put together my first quilt with minky(sp) chenille on one side and flannel lined satin on the other. I've never tried to make any kind of quilted blanket or to do a turn over edge so the whole thing was rather new. When I finished though I totally loved it. For anyone who wants to try I suggest using your JoAnn's coupons to get the minky at 40% off. Heck go a few days in a row so that you can use your coupon on each piece of fabric you need cut. Then for the turn over edge just make sure to use lots of pins :) And just so you know yes the minky was pretty expensive but since it was a labor of love this blanket cost nowhere near $40.

1 comment:

Sami said...

That baby blanket is so cute! You have inspired me to pull out my sewing machine and try some new stuff. I'll let you know how it goes.