Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Christmas Gifts for my Sisters


Last February my lovely mother-in-law bought me a sewing machine. I intended to pull it out immediately and start making baby clothes for #2 but having a two year old and new baby just wasn't conducive to a new hobby. This Christmas after things slowed down a bit I decided it was finally time to teach myself to sew. I pulled the machine out and picked a project. I found these reversible handbags online. My attempts weren't perfect...far from it, but they helped me feel more comfortable with my machine and I hope my sisters liked them.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Those are cool. I've been really impressed with your sewing. We absolutely love the blanket you gave us.

I've never actually ever finished sewing anything. Ever. I'm not very good :) Perhaps I'll attempt these one day but my sewing machine is my grandmother's and it is currently having Issues (with a capital I).