Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dinner Pancakes


We are breakfast cereal people. It isn't that we don't like pancakes, French Toast, or bacon and eggs, it is just cold cereal is easier. We do love other breakfast foods though so when I can't come up with a good dinner idea we always eat breakfast for dinner. I guess what takes too long for the morning doesn't for the night. Last night as I was starting dinner at six I decided to spice up our pancakes a bit. I chopped up canned peaches and added the fruit to the pancake batter. Then I took the peach juice, put it in a sauce pan with 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, and a tablespoon of corn starch. I thickened that up and then we had a nice fruit syrup to go with our peach pancakes. Delicious and a meal the kids both ate with gusto!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

We like pancakes better for dinner, too.

At least, I do...and most of my family does.

Andrew could eat them anytime.