Wednesday, July 23, 2008

CSA - Week Seven


1 pint new potatoes
2 onions
2 garlic cloves
1 long green pepper
1 yellow pepper
18 black rasberries or blackberries. I can't tell. They are red and black. I suspect they might be under ripe blackberries because they are a little bitter.
2 cherry tomatoes
1 apple
1 zucchini
1 bunch of weeds

Now I know some of you probably think I'm kidding about the weeds. I'm not. When we opened up the bag Jason said, "Hey that is the weed that grows in our backyard." I told him he was full of HUD. Then this morning I went picking blueberries with a friend who also does the share and gets e-mails from Farmer Bob. I apparently never signed up for that. Anyway they really are weeds. He said he likes to throw them in there once a summer to let people know they are edible. I just want to say that I've decided just because you eat something and don't die that does not make it edible.

3 comments:

Bleen said...

What do you do with two cherry tomatoes?? lol. I guess three would just be gluttonous.

Angi said...

Slim pickings huh?

Jackie said...

From the looks of it those are blackberries. The two cherry tomatoes are a hoot!