Saturday, January 2, 2010

Goals

At one point in my life I had goals, really I did. Then motherhood struck. There is so much minutia but it fills up the days. Goals are important though. Without them you can drowned in the details without really getting anything done. Dr. J and I have decided that we need to get back in the habit of setting goals. Each Sunday we are going to sit down and set a new weekly goal. We hope that accountability will keep us a little more motivated. There are loads of things to do. Educationally we still have 25 articles to transcribe. Physically I have loads of baby weight I want to work on. Plus I'd like to start running again. Household wise, keeping a budget has always been beyond me. It hasn't really mattered while we didn't have any money. I just pay everything I can pay when we do and the rest just has to last until we get paid again. Someday we might actually have some money. It would be nice to know we could manage it when that day comes. I'd also like to find a way to manage my house more effectively. Spiritually I could definitely do better. I remember when I used to try and read two chapters of scripture a night. Recently I told Dr. J my new goal is just to read ten versus a night. He laughed a bit but I think it is perfect. No matter how tired you are, ten versus is doable, and if you aren't tired well then you can read a few more :) Here is to 2010! I'm hoping to get a little more done this year, even if it is just in bits and pieces. Plus I figure what better way to teach your kids about goals them to let them see you set them.

No comments: