Friday, October 16, 2009

That Magical Age

Today is my birthday. I've reached what my mom calls THE MAGICAL AGE! Why is it magical? It is magical because it is the age that no woman ever goes past. Welcome to 29. How is it possible I have reached this point. In my mind, I'm still 21...which I realize considering all three of my younger sister have passed that point is physically impossible. So it is time to say goodbye to that point. I'm 29. I think back to where I thought I'd be at this point. Am I there? Have I made it? What have I accomplished in my life.

1) I've known my husband now 8 years. Seems like just yesterday he stopped me on the street. Now we are forever entwined.
2) I've pretty much finished my childhood and college scrap books. Now I need to get back to my kids'.
3) I have a bachelors degree in a field I actually like.
4) I've worked on several published studies and am currently working on one of Dear Dr. J's. Maybe someday we will actually finish it.
5) I survived a transatlantic flight with a two year old and pregnant belly.
6) I've seen the pyramids...the ones in Egypt people :)
7) I've learned how to make a perfect loaf of wheat bread.
8) I've been the primary president in two wards. When we move from here I'm going to make a strong push on our next bishop that I'm ready to try something new :)
9) I have three beautiful children, Little E took 38 1/2 hours of labor.
10) G bear had me the skinniest I've ever been in my adult life at five months pregnant.
11) Peach has to survive with parents who have two other children.
12) I've been married over seven years. This anniversary will put us at having the longest first marriage of any of our parents.
13) I survived my first bad parent teacher conference.
14) I taught myself how to sew.
15) I know what a runners high feels like.
16) I've painted my walls colors...something my mother would never allow when I was a child.
17) I've enjoyed hair all the way down to my butt and a pixie cut.
18) I own a mini van and actually love having it.
19) I've been married to a student for almost eight years, which means I know how to get more for my money and what it is like to be a single mom with a boyfriend who occasionally stops by :)
20) I finally joined a cell phone plan.
21) I can cook a cheese cake that is not out of a Kraft box.
22) I've driven 18 hours with three kids, all by myself.
23) I've overcome a shoe addiction.
24) I maintain three bogs...although one is severely neglected.
25) I can braid baby hair.
26) I keep my bathrooms clean.
27) I know what I want to be when I grow up, and Dr. J is finally through school.
28) I love my family and still talk to them at least once a week or more but can survive living on the other side of the country.
29) I actually enjoy the city of Chicago. This took years so it is an accomplishment.

What more do I want to do in my life.

1) I want to go back to school. I want to become something really cool. I'm waiting for Dr. J to finish first :)
2) I want to write a book.
3) I still want a National Geographic article...but since it doesn't really fit with my school plans we will have to see.
4) I want to raise three outstanding citizens of this world who have something to contribute and love each other.
5) I want to always support my husband and for us to always be happy together.
6) I want to figure out all the settings on my Cannon.
7) I want to print my Jordan blog out in a scrap book.
8) I want to learn to make jewelry.
9) I want to make a difference in this world.
10) I want to live somewhere I can pick up an accent.
11) I want to be a vegetarian but just can't figure out how to give up meat...I LOVE IT :)
12) I want to go to Hawaii.
13) I want to learn to wind surf and sail.
14) I want to run again.

Luckily for me I have a lifetime of 29th birthdays so I can get this all done :)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday! I've known my husband for over 9 years...but we've only been married for almost 4.

Which is so weird...I remember when we met you guys and we thought you had been married for forever and you had 1 baby and 1 on the way. And now we're YOU!

You've done a lot with your life and have plenty more to do.

2 questions I thought of (and you don't have to answer).

1) You said you want to raise 3 outstanding citizens...are you finished with kids...or does the number of citizens you want to raise increase to match the number of kids you have?

2) What DO you want to be when you grow up? I'm still trying to figure that out for myself, but like you...I think that one student at a time is plenty. :)

Boyfriend who stops by...ha, ha, ha! :) It's funny 'cuz it's true!

Bruce Richards said...

Why do you want to be a vegetarian???

Happy Birthday!

kami said...

happy birthday!