Thursday, June 5, 2008

Great Garage Sale Deals

I've mentioned before that I'm a huge garage sale queen. It is a great way to pick up cute clothes that I could never afford new for the kids and it is fun to spend time with my girlfriends. Last Saturday when I realized there was no way I could do another whole day alone with the kids, I called up my friends and they came and picked me up (they had started before seven). On our last garage sale I saw this little brown box. I opened it up and found this crazy little blade and cutting board, still shrink wrapped. They also had a brand new set of Martha Stewart dishes for sale so I bought the crazy little knife and cutting board and the dishes for seven dollars. Today I went online to see what kind of deal I made. The knife is actually a ulu knife and the set I bought sells on the site for 29.95. I bought it for $2, brand new, in the box with shrink wrap. The dishes sell for 29.99. I bought them brand new, never taken out of the box for $5. Our previous plates I bought for a dollar a plate at the dollar store. This was a better deal. Is it any wonder I just can't wait for summer!

No comments: