Tuesday, February 26, 2008

And the Winter just keeps on coming...




For some reason I keep expecting spring to show up. Why is that? Just a couple of 50 degree days is all I'm asking for. So far though the weather has continued to be cold and wet. As long as it is warm enough to sled to the mailbox though the kids are happy. Saturday my son and I spent the day sledding while his sister was napping. He spent most of the time hiding his baby blues from the sun, so to keep my trigger finger happy I spent my time taking pictures of shadows and a hard liquor bottle that somebody had apparently dropped in the snow. Now that I'm thinking about it I should have picked it up and thrown it out. Good grief that was a boo boo. I recently had a friend complain that I'm putting too much pressure on. I cook weird meals, I'm learning to sew, I do all these fun things for my kids, I read, and I keep up all the blogs. She called me up and told me she had a bone to pick with me (you know who you are girl). Here is the great thing about blogs though...you can put whatever you want up and leave out all the not so flattering details. Like I could have not mentioned that I didn't pick that bottle up. Or the fact that on Friday my family ate breakfast three times (cold cereal, breakfast burritos, cold cereal), which in my book is a pretty good indication that things weren't going so well. Tonight my husband had to send me from the room because I was escalating a fight with my son over the fact that we were asking him to listen and there was no possible way he could do that while he kept whining that he was listening. The great thing about a blog though is that in general you can just use it to highlight the awesome things you do...rather then the not so awesome things. So here's to taking pictures of shadows and not to forgetting to pick up someone else's litter.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I agree, I can write all the positive things about me and forget each time I mess up...which is often...but I sound really cool when I go back and read my blog.